AboutThis website is a project of the New Policy Institute (NPI), a 501(c)3. Our goal is promote the idea of a 21st Century Border. This site is a work in progress.
- Wall Street Journal – Immigration Bill is Tougher on Crossings
- Politico – Sierra Club backs immigration reform
- ABC News – Schumer and Mccain See Huge Majority for Immigration Bill
- CBS News: Sen. Leahy: Don’t “exploit” Boston to “derail” immigration
- Talking Points Memo: Former Republican Cabinet Secretary Dismantles ‘Dangerous’ Right-Wing Immigration Talking Point
Tag Archives: Border Mayors
Ray Borane, Former Mayor, Douglas, Arizona on why there is a perception of violence along the border
Once again NDN has gone west, and we have been fortunate enough to again be able to sit down with local law enforcement and elected officials to chat about there views along the border. We have several videos and we … Continue reading
For months, members of the 21st Century Border Initiative have been busy cultivating a network of stakeholders throughout the Southwest and capturing their thoughts about the state of the U.S. – Mexican border region. Today we’re proud to announce the … Continue reading
New 21st Century Border YouTube Featuring International Mayors, Administration Officials, and Border Experts
NDN/NPI was fortunate enough to participate in the Office of Congressman Silvestre Reyes’ and The University of Texas at El Paso’s (UTEP) eighth annual Border Security Conference, and the Southwest Border Mayors meeting both in El Paso Texas. While there … Continue reading
Chappell Lawson, associate professor of politics at MIT and Mayor of Nogales, AZ Arturo Garino talk about the perception, the reality and the positive gains in safety along the southwest border.